Congratulations to all the winners!!! Here are the videos:
I was not surprised at all. It always happens. The demand for tickets increases days before the event. Japsy’s brother from UST also informed us that there are no available tickets for us anymore. Too sad but it’s okay.
While I was checking my blog entry on 2008 UAAP Cheerdance tickets, the comments caught my attention:
Here they go again…people taking advantage of the others’ needs. They might be students or scalpers selling tickets twice or thrice the price. If you are that desperate, you would really grab their offer. It was 2007 when a scalper offered us some tickets for higher price but we didn’t buy it. Scalping is an illegal activity and we were able to witness that time when the police caught the scalpers in the vicinity of Araneta Coliseum.
If you are still looking for tickets, you’ll be lucky enough to find and buy some through website forums, meet students who are selling their extra tickets or negotiate with a scalper (this is not an advisable thing to do). There are also websites or blogs where bidding for tickets happens. Check out LJDiaz’s website:
I really enjoy watching the UAAP Cheerdance Competition inside the Araneta Coliseum because you will feel the excitement of the students cheering for their schools, and the eagerness of the teams to win. I don’t think I will be able to watch it this year because I still don’t have the tickets but I can watch the TV coverage in Studio 23.
Goodluck to all the schools!!!
– to buy tickets for 2008 UAAP Cheerdance Competition this Sunday, September 7
– to claim my (2) free tickets of Al Jarreu and George Benson concert this Monday, September 8, after being chosen as Ticketnet registrant of the month.
Unfortunately, tickets for this year’s UAAP Cheerdance is SOLDOUT!!!
Supposedly, I will buy 3 upper box tickets for me, Kat and Rio. There were many students who were also asking about the tickets but gets dissapointed like us when they knew that there were no more available tickets for sale. Tickets selling started last Monday, September 1. Scalpers are everywhere selling the tickets thrice the price!!! If you are desperate enough to watch, scalpers is one of your last option. Ticketnet will be selling tickets on Sunday before the event. Many students will go to Araneta for sure to wait for these standing tickets in Upper Box A & B. I’m still not losing hope, still looking for tickets to buy through friends. I still want to watch the Cheerdance Competition even though it may mean ending up in General Admission seats.
On the other hand, I was able to claim the prize from Ticketnet: (2) free lowerbox tickets in the Al Jarreu and George Benson concert. I couldn’t believe that they cost P4,725 each!
Interested in discounts, dining deals, raffle, promos, entertainment shows, etc.? Check these out:
* SM Department Store – 50% off Men’s sale until June 30
– instant P100 cash back for every P1,000 single receipt purchase (men’s wear, accessories, shoes or luggage department) until June 22
– buy in World Traveller bags and luggages and get a chance to win a unique gyroplane ride and overnight accommodations at the Taal Vista Hotel
* SM Megamall – new FILA boutique in upper ground floor Bldg. A
* Ayala Malls – win tickets of Lea Salonga’s Cinderella on June 13-July 15 for every pair of shoes in participating stores
– Shoe Sale on June 13-20
– watch a movie and get P100 bonus in your Timezone Powercard, load P200 and get P300 Powercard load
* Makro – win the daily raffle with every P1,000 purchase and a visit to 5 participating booths
– save 30% with every Makro Value Pak (MVP)
* Shopwise – get big discounts on its “Make the Grade with Big Savings”, all branches nationwide
* National Book Store – get the chance to win motorcycles, gaming consoles,laptops and gift certificates if you buy a P300 purchase of “N” items, promo is until June30
* Trinoma – NBA Madness on June 14-15 (Activity Center)
– launch of Folded and Hung
* Greenbelt Malls – “Pleasures at Greenbelt on Fathers’ Day”, June 15 (12-1 p.m. & 7-8 p.m.)
* Market! Market! – “Asian Tropical Living” interior design exhibit until June 30 (Home Market, 3re level)
* Cebu Pacific – All-Domestic Fares, get really low ticket prices until June 17 for travel between July 1 and October 15
* Slimmer’s World International – buy 1 month, get 1 month free and no monthly dues on lifetime membership on its world-class slimming and fitness programs
– avail 15 skin or face treatments and get 15 more treatments for free
* Mang Inasal – get endless rice for every rice meal purchase, all branches nationwide
* Taco Bell – Fiest Platter for only P129/platter available in Gateway Mall, Araneta Coliseum and Trinoma
Meal A: fiesta rice, chunky pork bbq, fiesta salsa salad, churros with chocolate dip
Meal B: 1/2 pound beef combo burrito, potato bites with cheese sauce, cinnamon twists
Meal C: fiesta rice, seasoned ground beef, fiesta salsa salad, potato bites with cheese sauce
* Italianni – use your BPI Express Credit and get 20% off on any Italianni’s Tower of your choice on your next visit
* Music Museum – Pooh…kwang! on June 14, 20-21, 27-29 (9 p.m.)
* Robinson’s Place Manila – Love Radio’s Tambalang Balahura at Balasubas (June 14, 5 p.m.)
* Araneta Coliseum – “From the Heart” concert of Air Supply
* Shang Cineplex – 13th French Film Festival in Manila until June 22, admission is free (Cinema 1)
* Brillante Mendoza’s Serbis – showing on local cinemas on June 18
* Philippine Cultural Center of the Philippines – Lea Salonga in Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella on July 29-August 24