I have already watched the two-hour last episode of House. Eight (8) seasons in eight (8) years and it’s really sad that a great show like this has come to its end. My boyfriend introduced the existence of the show to me. After watching the first episode, I really got hooked to it. I got familiar with medical terms, treatments and symptoms watching the show. Here are the things that I love about House:
- Tthe character of House – being the sarcastic, egoistic and selfish physician. It was quoted that House is the modern Sherlock Holmes. I find him very irritating but he’s still House, the magnificent diagnostician.
- Franks, bets and drug addiction of House
- House and Cuddy‘s complicated relationship
- Friendship of House and Wilson – me and my boyfriend called it “gayish”
- Imprisonment of House
- Pretty, handsome and witty physicians – Cameron, Thirteen, Adams, Chase and Foreman
- Comic characters of Park, Taub and Kutner
- Amber and Kautner’s death
- Discovery of Wilson’s cancer
- Puzzles behind the stories
I did enjoyed the last episode where House was trapped in a building with fire and he was able to talk to Kutner, Amber, Cameron and his ex-wife while hallucinating. Everyone assumed that he was dead after that incident. It was really a sad moment for everyone giving their messages during his eulogy not until Wilson speaks, getting mad and letting everyone knows how bad House is but he suddenly stopped after receiving SMS from House telling him to shut up. He found out that House is not dead. House decided not to let others know that he’s alive and spent his time with Wilson. Watching the whole finale episode, I was also able to see the people behind the production, their efforts, location and happiness of doing the show for eight years. House is one of the best TV shows that I’ve watched and it’s really worth watching. Thumbs up, goodbye House!!!
I saw this article in my colleague’s workplace. Funny and true.
WORKING WITH IDIOTS CAN KILL YOU
STOCKHOLM — Idiots in the office are just as hazardous to your health as cigarettes, caffeine or greasy food, an eye-opening new study reveals. In fact, those dopes can kill you!
Stress is one of the top causes of heart attacks — and working with stupid people on a daily basis is one of the deadliest forms of stress, according to researchers at Sweden’s Lindbergh University Medical Center.
The author of the study, Dr. Dagmar Andersson, says her team studied 500 heart attack patients, and were puzzled to find 62 percent had relatively few of the physical risk factors commonly blamed for heart attacks.
“Then we questioned them about lifestyle habits, and almost all of these low-risk patients told us they worked with people so stupid they can barely find their way from the parking lot to their office. And their heart attack came less than 12 hours after having a major confrontation with one of these oafs.
“One woman had to be rushed to the hospital after her assistant shredded important company tax documents instead of copying them. A man told us he collapsed right at his desk because the woman at the next cubicle kept asking him for correction fluid — for her computer monitor.
“You can cut back on smoking or improve your diet,” Dr. Andersson says, “but most people have very poor coping skills when it comes to stupidity — they feel there’s nothing they can do about it, so they just internalize their frustration until they finally explode.”
Stupid co-workers can also double or triple someone’s work load, she explains. “Many of our subjects feel sorry for the drooling idiots they work with, so they try to cover for them by fixing their mistakes. One poor woman spent a week rebuilding client records because a clerk put them all in the ‘recycle bin’ of her computer and then emptied it — she thought it meant the records would be recycled and used again.”
Three apples that changed the world:
The first one tempted Eve…
The second inspired Newton…
Steve Job's Apple
The third was offered to the world by Steve Jobs.
R.I.P. to my iPod video (30gb). Really sad now. I bought it last 2007 for Php 13,000 because I really love music and movies. I saved my money just to buy it and I was really happy the first time I hold it. I use it everyday especially during my travel. I enjoyed listening to music, watching movies and browsing my photos in my iPod. I was able to use it for 3 years and got problems with the hardware and earphone jock last 2010. I never used it for a year and decided to buy an iPod shuffle but unfortunately it was included in my bag when I was robbed. Last June 2011, since my boyfriend knew how important my iPod video to me so as a birthday gift, he brought it in a repair shop in Greenhills hoping to be fixed and luckily it was fixed. I was very happy and started using it again. Another incident happened with my iPod when my brother borrowed it. He rode a bump car and was not aware that my iPod was in the pocket of his shirt. As he was enjoying the ride, the iPod was magnetized in the railway and got damaged. Luckily, the iPod is still working eventhough the case was deformed. Last night, i checked my iPod and discovered that it was infected with a virus. I heard noises coming from my iPod as I was formatting it. As I connected it again, the sad broken face appear. My boyfriend tried to fix it by checking ways in the internet. I knew this time the problem is serious especially that it concerns with the hard disk. I know that it can still be fixed by putting a new hard disk but it will totally cost me more. So, it’s like buying a new one. Really sad about it. I’ll hope to have a new one soon. 😦
While surfing 9Gag, i saw this proposal of Tim to Audrey in Malaysia. Watch this:
This is one of the best proposals that I’ve ever seen.
Level of Proposal = ASIAN
Thumbs up!!! 🙂
As I was checking blogs online, I saw this blog in the name of Style and Soul. While reading her posts, I discovered that she’s giving away items and prepared 2 packages for her readers. The good thing is the contest is open to local and international readers. Here are the prizes:
1. Printed camera satchel from Izzo Shop
2. Reversible printed-denim shoulder bag from Fab Manila
3. Apparels (4): Gray polo shirt from Regatta, Hang Ten‘s light brown blouse with peter pan collar, basic black top and orange pleated skirt from Closet Chic
4. Fragrances from Jimmy Choo, Nina Ricci Elixir and Paco Rabanne (for men) from Prestige Brands Philippines
5. Beauty package: Skin Food bath gel, Nivea facial foam, Lay Bare soothing cream, L’oreal hair care sachets, Human Nature‘s hand and foot salve
6. Trinkets: Hang Ten handkerchief, Izzo Shop‘s brown camera strap, Solo tag necklace, Diva feather earrings, Ashley’s cup cake lip balm / keychain
7. Globe Tattoo stick
1. Purses: Gadgets organizer from Fab Manila, coin purse from Izzo Shop , Proactive kit
2. Fragrance samples from Gap Core, Moschino Forever, Paris Hilton, Carolina Herrera VIP men, Bond No. 9 bons (all from Prestige Brands), Poseidon scent with HaKen body butter from Posh Nails
3. Accessories: Tomato watch, Accessorize sun glasses and scarf
4. Apparels (7): Sheer top from Shop Dainty, 2 tops from Closet Chic, 2 ETC shirts, Belle York sleeveless top with peter pan collar and Hang Ten tee
5. Other items: ETC Glee notebook and tag, Multiply notebook and pens
To join the contest, read the mechanics at Style and Soul’s 2012 Welcome Giveaway! The contest will end on January 7, 2012. Join now!!! 🙂
While checking my Linkedin account, I was caught by a news on on the hardest jobs to fill by next year. Since I’m into the recruitment industry, I got interested reading it.
The news indicated that the following jobs will be hard to find next year:
- Software Engineers and Web Developers
- Creative Design and User Experience
- Product Management
As a recruitment manager, I know that this news will be very useful to me. If you want to read the article, please click here, The 5 Hardest Jobs to Fill in 2012.
1. Condition your mind.
2. Condition your body.
3. Avoid negative people.
4. Seek out the similarly motivated.
5. Have goals–but remain flexible.
6. Act with a higher purpose.
7. Take responsibility for your own results.
8. Stretch past your limits on a daily basis.
9. Don’t wait for perfection; do it now!
10. Celebrate your failures.
11. Don’t take success too seriously.
12. Avoid weak goals.
13. Treat inaction as the only real failure.
14. Think before you speak.
Source: 14 Easy Ways to Get Insanely Motivated